Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Steal It!"



Trent gets sober and unlike Sid & Nancy, he is able to promote "healthy anarchy!"



From "Our World in Words"
October 8, 2007

"Even if you aren’t a Nine Inch Nails fan you have to respect Trent Reznor’s (NIN frontman) move to take the band independent. Reznor has been calling out against big labels in an attempt to separate music and big-business. This is important because NIN will now pave the way for other bands (both big-name and indy) to remain or become unaffiliated with a label. This means that there is less control over their music and they (the band) will reap much more profit for the product they created. The next ten years will be very interesting for music fans as more music moves out of brick-and-mortar or DRM’d sources (iTunes) and becomes available through E-music or directly through the band. This is ultimately a great service to fans and will make the music more accessible. NIN- 1, Evil Music Labels- 0."

-JEStacey
http://offedit.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/nin-and-reznor-label-free/

Maybe this is the call to arms I needed that will get me off my ass and into the new millennium.

Ghosts I-IV certain does much more than just rock, and Trent? --The Genius Still.

Is an I-phone in my future?

Will my I-pod replace my CD player?

Stay tuned to this same Bat Channel!

No comments: