Monday, April 21, 2008

Mansinthe!


What every discerning Uber-Matrix-Kewl-Goth who is steadily on the tenure track or who has that tech job finally sewn up needs!


While living in Louisiana I once tried to order a bottle of wine for my parents and have it shipped to another southern state. http://wine.com/ informed me that was illegal. Yet again I am tempted to try and have something worse-than-wine shipped way down to Dixie, this time for personal gifting. After all, Manson provides a handy-dandy link (via http://www.marilynmanson.com/) to http://www.absinthe.de where for 36 euros, I can be Man-tastically smashed on the Green Fairy, just like my fave Shock Rocker (TM).

Since the company site gives us such useful facts like:
"This fine spirit is also enjoyed by the most discerning connoisseurs without sugar.
Do not:
- drink Absinthe pure
- light your Absinthe on fire
- think, Absinthe will make you hallucinate - it won’t!
Drink responsibly and with moderation!" (Did you get that memo, Mr. Manson?)

I will also provide Two Random Facts About Absinthe from My Life:

I have had my share of faux "Absinthe" in New Orleans. Pre-Katrina, down Pirates' Alley, behind the St. Louis Cathedral off Jackson Square there was a charming little cafe frequented by employed Goths who took their breaks from their shifts as tour guides for Haunted New Orleansor New Orleans After Dark. One evening I sat with a friend and watched a clearly-forty-year-old-plus Vampire hold court with an admiring androgynous pair of little Bat-kids while I sipped my green drink and thought seriously about a career change.

Supposedly a friend ordered the real thing, and his wife reported it arrived at their suburban pretty-princess- house in a box marked "Vase" and "Fragile." She reports also that the drink in fact, tasted like feet but soon they didn't care.


Well as Marilyn urges us on his Latest Album—"Drink Me!" Now with any major credit card we can!

Ah, when Art and Capitalism merge!

No comments: