Friday, January 11, 2008

The List


Yes:

  1. Philip Seymour Hoffman (even in Boogie Nights . . . I think, OK maybe, no)
  2. David Duchovny
  3. James Spader
  4. Adam “Not being Billy Madison” Sandler
  5. Billy Crystal (City Slickers & When Harry Met Sally)
  6. Paul Bettany
  7. Russell Crowe (A Beautiful Mind, not bashing people with telephones)
  8. Clive Owens (especially mid-season Second Sight)
  9. Sean Connery (OK cliché, I realize)


Maybe:

1. Jude Law
2. Christian Bale
3. Jonathan Rhys Meyers
4. Jared Leto
5. Russell Crowe (Gladiator—OK that’s an almost-gimme)
6. Woody Allen (only a consideration as of yesterday)


No:

  1. Brad Pitt
  2. Tom Cruise
  3. Without the Legolas weave--Orlando Bloom (only one word for hell: Elizabethtown)
  4. Harrison Ford (after the third Indiana Jones)
  5. George Clooney
  6. Probably anyone named People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love George Clooney, don't you. Sigh.

Clara Wieland said...

"I'm Batman . . . wearing my rubber nipple suit."

"I'm a Rat-Packer, hanging out with Brad Pitt on the PR circuit."

The jury is out on Mr. Clooney; I am a fair & just film goddess. No one is forever banished to The Island of No, well no one except Tom Cruise.

Anonymous said...

It's his directing I'm most impressed with.

Clara Wieland said...

OK *maybe* b/c A) Leatherheads--it does look funny, and B) Clooney's acting with Renee Z looks straight-up screwball comedy, so maybe he'll edge back on the list (Yes there was a time where Ihad the weekly report to the ER).